Time to wake & stretch from your long winters nap! Spring has sprung.
I love spring and the new energy that comes with it. The days are brighter & longer, new shoots sprout, the cherry blossoms bloom, and the robins chirping become your morning alarm clock. Spring is a wonderful time to cleanse your diet, lifestyle and mind. It's a time to shift your diet from those warming stews, roasted root vegetables, and comfort foods to something a little lighter and raw. Mother nature knows whats up, and the seasonal produce that becomes available to eat will help to support the body and detox pathways (skin, lungs, kidneys, colon, and liver) to feel refreshed. Let's get spring cleaning!
20 Spring Foods
Now, just to clear things up, by "spring cleaning" I don't mean you need to go on some crazy detox protocol, fast, or become restrictive with your eating habits. Instead, think of eating an abundance of fresh spring vegetables & herbs, live foods such as sprouted nuts & seeds, fermented foods, and drinking enzyme-rich green juices! Try incorporating some of these locally grown, seasonal veggies in your cooking
Artichokes • Asparagus • Apples • Chives • Cilantro • Collard Greens • Dandelion • Dill • Kale • Onions • Parsley • Potatoes • Radicchio • Radishes • Rutabagas • Snap Peas • Spinach • Sprouts • Swiss Chard • Mushrooms
15 Spring Cleaning Tips
- Detox your mind of negative thoughts & perceptions
- Ask yourself: what can I let go of in my physical world that isn't allowing me to reach my highest potential or happiest self, and will allow for me to create space for something more positive to move into?
- Eliminate processed, packaged foods & trans fats/hydrogenated oils from your diet
- Eliminate/reduce foods that may contribute to stagnation in the body such as gluten, conventional dairy, red meat, alcohol, refined flour & sugar
- Eat & live organically to reduce the amount of exogenous chemicals
- Ensure you are drinking an adequate amount of water through out the day to help flush your system. Try adding a splash of ACV, lemon or lime juice for an extra cleansing effect
- Check out what you are rubbing on your bod. Don't put anything on your skin you couldn't consider putting in your body
- Sweat & move your booty! Exercise in a way that feels good to you!
- Get outdoors in nature to breathe in clean crisp air and soak up some sunshine vitamin. Try gardening, hiking, or going for a kayak
- Try an essential oil diffuser in your home to purify the air and your lungs
- Try a media fast to detach from technology
- Try dry skin brushing, jumping on a rebounder, getting a massage, or doing yoga to support the lymphatic system
- Reduce plastics
- Get your beauty sleep
Here's to being your most vibrant you this spring,